Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Manual lymph drainage (MLD) is a specialized gentle type of manual technique designed to stimulate the lymphatic system. MLD is designed to be gentle because the lymph vessels lie just beneath the skin and are only as big as a strand of hair and heavier pressure blocks the lymph flow. Manual Lymph Drainage activates the musculature of the lymph vessel system increasing its rate of absorption from the surrounding tissues. The effects of MLD on the nervous system make it one of the most relaxing treatments available. Perfect for stress and pain control.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a natural non-invasive way to remove excess fluid and waste products more quickly. Adding manual lymphatic drainage to a new detox or even trying it as a stand-alone therapy will deliver powerful and noticeable results.
75 Min | $119
90 Min | $139
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a unique, specialized treatment technique that promotes lymph to drain out of a limb into an area that drains normally. Manual Lymphatic Drainage uses very light pressure. The gentle, “light touch” is a rhythmical movement called “Vodder technique” that is the most recognized therapy used worldwide and practiced by therapists certified in Vodder technique. Too much pressure may cause lymphangiospasm and hyperemia.
The lymph system is part of your body’s immune system and helps fight infection. Your cells create waste and the lymph is responsible for carrying that waste to be excreted from the body. There is no pump for the lymph system like there is for the blood, so it must be manually stimulated through massage, deep breathing or movement.
Some lymphatic drainage effects in the body:
- The lymphatic system removes metabolic waste from the circulatory system
- Increase reabsorption of nutrients and promotes drainage of fluids accumulated in the body.
- Decrease fibrotic tissue (scar tissue)
- Increases blood flow in deep and superficial veins
- Immune system stimulation
- It has a soothing relaxing effect
- It has an analgesic (pain relief) effect
- Clears away infection and keeps your body fluids in balance
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy
- Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphoedema (which may occur after cancer treatment) and assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency
- Minimizes or reduces stretch marks
- Can be used to speed healing after cosmetic surgery
- Postoperative edema or traumas
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Sinus congestion
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Digestive problems
- Palliative care: Provision of comfort and pain relief when other therapies are no longer appropriate.
- Acute deep vein thrombosis
- Cardiac edema
- Chronic heart failure
- Acute inflammation/infections caused by pathogenic germs (bacteria, fungi, viruses)
- Acute renal failure
- Fever caused by infections
- Acute bronchitis