Indian Head-Scalp Massage
Indian head massage is a relaxing holistic treatment that has been practiced in India as part of the Hindu health care practice of Ayurveda. Indian head massage focuses on your head, neck and shoulders. It uses a variety of techniques, including circular massage strokes called “champi” on your scalp, deep tissue work on your shoulders, and stretching techniques on the neck to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles, and joints of the head, neck, shoulders.
60 min | $99
Package of 3 | $269
Package of 6 | $449
Indian Head Massage “Champissage” is a Holistic Ayurvedic therapy first introduced to the UK in 1981, and is designed to be a healing therapy involving work on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face (where tension builds), using a variety of massage movements to relieve accumulated tension, stimulate circulation and restore joint mobility, releases tension and anxiety, has huge benefits in assisting sleep, reducing sinus problems and is wonderful for the condition of your hair, including the prevention of hair loss and greying. Optional oils have many benefits to the condition of the hair and the overall treatment experience.
Chakra balancing is included as part of the Indian Head Massage session, to balance out the subtle energies, bringing the whole body of energy back into balance, so that the recipient feels rejuvenated, energized, relaxed and more able to cope with every-day life.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
- Improves blood flow, and distribution of oxygen & nutrients to the head and neck
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage to the head and neck, helping to eliminate waste products from the body
- Relieves: muscle tension, headaches, sinusitis, congestion, tinnitus and insomnia
- Increases mental clarity and improves concentration
- Improves muscle tone
- Improves joint mobility
- Aids the condition of, and promotes growth of hair
- Helps to reduce stress, anxiety, depression & fatigue
- Revitalises the whole body
- Rebalances the energy flow to the body, creating a feeling of peace & calm.